Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Success beyond failures

I often write poems to raise my spirits.Its my way of dealing with my setbacks and failures.Whenever I feel low I read some of my poems to find solace.I'm a man who is able to inspire myself through my own words.Though I consider myself lucky to  have had more good times than bad I've had my own share of failures.The following three poems were written at such junctures where I needed myself to find words to inspire myself.


  


                                        Gifted
                                     


 'tis nice to be gifted,
All sound and hard,
Where hard work is,
But a distant gaurd.

The world applauds the 'Gifted Being',
Onto him the lifted praise.
Common mortals give just that,
But I choose not to join the race.

The sky may seem a distant place,
For a boy so plain as I.
But there will come a dawn indeed,
When people will say "OH! MY"

The Gifted has not hardwork seen,
Life to him a play,
But I have the reins to mine,
I will better him someday.
        
                              -Raghuraj S. Hegde

2001




                               Spirit

Mine is that inconquerable spirit,
That lives through life and death.
Ambition to suceed so great,
It lives in my every breath

There are times in your life,
When the world's against you.
Don't lose hope on it,
For there's a whole world to conquer too.

You have fallen from your crest,
For them may seem abeit,
For I have flown ahead,
I have learnt a deal.

Failure is not a hurdle last,
But setback with steps ahead.
For a winner in me i search.
I will not be of loser's kind.

The world I seek to change,
For the better i deem to say.
The greatness lies within,
My spirit reigns supreme.
                                           -Raghuraj S. Hegde


2000


                           Successful Failure



Do not stop when you achieve something,
For there is always greater things to achieve,
There is always greater heights to reach,
And to do better than you have already.

Never stop when you fail at something,
For greater resolve accompanies your next goal.
For the world expects nothing of you
And success tastes sweeter for an underdog.

People succeed,though undeserving.
People fail,despite best efforts.
But let that not deter a honest endeavour,
For success is but failure refined.

                                        Raghuraj S. Hegde


1st february,2005

No comments:

Post a Comment